Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Shit Just Got Real!!!

We got Married!!!!



It was such an amazing weekend and I'm so excited to give a little update.  

So Kris and I got engaged in October.  We didnt really plan on having a "short"engagement - but it's how it worked out.  When I came to both him and my mom and asked if we could pull off a wedding in less than 5 months, they just smiled and said "whatever you want babes" (ok lying my mom panicked).  

But we did it!!!

Just a comment on the short engagement (as I've received some comments -  no I'm not pregnant) - you can do WHATEVER time engagement you want!  If you want long, if you want short, if you want traditional, if you want elopement, do you!!  It doesnt matter.  What matters is that you are intentional and marrying someone you want to love forever.  The rest are literally just details. 

Ok, so now we're engaged, now we've set a date, now we have to make it MS friendly.

We decided on spreading it out - doing a two day event.  Friday would be the ceremony (intimate with family and close friends) and Saturday would be an evening reception (a partay).  

And that's what we did!

So first, we have some details:

Save the Dates (from Zazzle)



And the wedding website


We didnt have a traditional rehearsal as most of the wedding party was coming in from out of town (actually most all of our guests are coming in from out of town - like 80%).  So we did a small rehearsal at the church, people chilled for a bit (I took a nap), and then we went to Spoonwood Brewery with those in town for a fun dinner and beer.



As you can tell from the picture I was VERY excited. (:  

Friday morning came real quick - our ceremony was at 11am so we had just a few hours to get ready (if you've been in a wedding you know those hours go fast!).  But it was so enjoyable and chill.  Everything was chill overall but those few hours before the ceremony I will cherish as being so calm and chill.  Shout-out to my ladies for that vibe!!


 Picture credit: https://ryanzarichnak.com/

The ceremony was at my family's Catholic Church in Pittsburgh.  We had just the ceremony and we made it very adaptive friendly (I came from the side, we sat for most of it, etc).  It flew by but I do remember the highlights - I remember Kris smiling bigger than Id ever seen, him squeezing my hand, me almost losing it at the "in sickness and in health part", and me doing like a little wiggle celebration when we got the official "husband and wife".



After we did pictures with family and the wedding party at a friends house.  Our photographer was AMAZING! Love him, Ryan Zarichnak.  Cant wait to share those!


 Our wedding party included: Girls: Courtney (matron of honor and my sister), Regina, (maid of honor and best friend), Kari (Kris' sister), Katie (future sister in law), Bethany (best friend), Mary (best friend).  Dudes: Jordan (best man), Jon (Kris' brother in law), Tim (my brother), Connor (my brother), Kevin (my brother), John (my brother).  

Then we had a luncheon at my parent's house.  My mom did such an amazing job hosting and preparing the food.  All I heard was how great the food was and I'm like, I know. (:

The best part of this arrangement is that we had scheduled NAP TIME!!!  We were done with wedding obligations by 3pm on Friday.  I was in bed and didnt leave till we woke up Saturday.  Best decision ever!!!

Saturday was PARTAY time!!!  Again, we had time to relax and chill and visit before getting ready.  I will cherish this time too.  My best friend Zach did my hair and while doing it some of my favorite people just stopped by and said hi and sat with me.  It was lovely.  I had to do NOTHING which is just what I needed.



The reception's theme was glitz and sparkle, with the colors black and gold sparkle.  My mom did all the decorations, favors, centerpieces...and she delivered!!  Literally, thank you mom!  Saturday was just lovely.  One of my favorite parts was my dress (it was sparkle heaven!!!) and then partying with all our family and friends.



The food was delicious (PW catering) and the DJ's (2nd II None) - I could never speak enough about them.  They led a party and it was fabulous!!  

Oh and let's not forget about the cookie table - a very strong Pittsburgh tradition.  Basically all the neighbors/family/friends bring cookies and the are displayed on a table.  To go boxes are provided and guests can snack on them there and take some home for leftovers/breakfast.  It's an amazing tradition and we had QUITE a lot of cookies!



We also had soft pretzels delivered halfway through the evening (soft pretzels are my favorite and what better way to have a snack?)

Oh the whole thing was just lovely.  This is just the speed by review - when we get the photos I'll provide more details.  Because I just know the photo's are going to be amazing!!



The moral though of this whole thing is that love is beautiful, you can have a beautiful wedding with multiple sclerosis, and you can do your wedding any way you want!!!  



Thank you all for your support and love, we so appreciate the love!!!